Situated a few kilometres from the historic centre of Spoleto, in a wonderful location overlooking the town and the Umbrian valley, surrounded by 8 hectares of natural meadows and woods, the Villa has been carefully restored by Giovanna Milani and Luigi Capobianchi and turned into one of the most refined and elegant boutique hotels in Italy. Built in 1880, the Villa was the country house of architect Giovanni Battista Milani, one of the most important exponents of Roman architecture in early twentieth century; he enlarged and furnished the building according to the classical-renaissance characteristics of that time and enriched it with his own refined taste and passion for antiques.
Dream Wedding E-Card Gift
A bottle of sparkling Italian wine and some local treats.
Type of location
Eclectic - a refined “architectural pastiche” with Renaissance, Baroque and Liberty decors and antiques.
From April to October
Capacity and description of spaces available for a wedding reception
Up to 70 people can be hosted in the Lounge, with its marvellous coffered ceiling in fine gold decorations, a monumental sixteenth- century fireplace and a magnificent seventeenth-century portal on which the Latin motto "Pacem Naturae Quaero" stands out (I want the peace that only Nature is able to give). Furniture from important periods, valuable paintings and an impressive library rich with eighteenth and nineteenth-century architectural make up the luxurious furnishing.
Up to 200 people can be hosted on the manicured lawn, surrounded by a beautiful wooden fence. The area can be covered with refined transparent canopies, so that guests will be always able to admire the spectacular nocturnal view of Spoleto and Umbrian Valley.
Whether you choose to celebrate indoors or out, the other outdoor areas around the Villa make a fantastic backdrop for each phase of the wedding festivities:
- an Aperitif Buffet in the lovely Italian-style gardens complete with Roman ruins (a capital resting on a basalt column and an ancient Roman milestone) and Renaissance works (a beautiful marble fountain and a travertine balustrade).
- the cutting of the wedding cake by the suggestive swimming pool, overlooking the evergreen woods of Monteluco, an area sacred to the ancient Romans as well as to Christians.
- an evening of dancing on the terrace, which is adorned with mythological statues and offers an extraordinary view of the town, with its impressive Tower Bridge (Ponte delle Torri) and the magnificent castle (Rocca Albernoziana)
Possibility of Celebrating the Wedding Ceremony
Yes, non catholic religious ceremonies and symbolic ceremonies.
Possibility of Exclusive Use of the Location
Price quotations for weddings at Villa Milani are all based on our wedding package, consisting of exclusive use of the villa for a minimum of 3 days. Take advantage of this period in this charming, refined, romantic and exclusive retreat for newlyweds, where you can…
- accommodate relatives, best men/women, bridesmaids and close friends in 10 double rooms
- entertain guests with cocktail parties in the Italian garden or by the swimming pool
- have the wedding banquet in the lounge (inside) or on the lawns (outside)
- spend you first night as a married couple in the romantic Tower room Orione, with its astonishing 360° view
Possibility of dancing
Until 1.00 am on the panoramic terrace, adorned with mythological statues.
Villa Milani prides itself on its catering services, providing everything from gourmet dinners to light lunches and appetizers with wine tasting in beautifully relaxing surroundings.
The wedding package consists of the use of the whole property, indoor and out, for:
- The event itself (cocktail parties, ceremony, aperitif, wedding banquet, open bar, dancing, etc)
- Accommodation for the newlyweds in the Orione tower and their nearest and dearest in the other 10 double bedrooms, buffet breakfast included.
Additional Wedding Services
- Sommelier, one every 30 guests
- Floral decoration
- Transfers from/to Airports
- Shattle between Villa Milani and the centre of Spoleto
- Prestige or vintage car with chauffeur
- Musical entertainment
- Open Bar (after the banquet)
- Private fireworks
- Special parties
Number of rooms
10 double rooms and the tower room for the newlyweds.
Types of rooms and rates
Villa Milani has 11 rooms (each named after constellations) accurately furnished with valuable antiques:
2 classic rooms (Antares and Sirio)
6 superior rooms (Daneb, Altair, Vega, Perseo, Pegaso and Fenice)
2 deluxe rooms (Andromeda and Cassiopea)
1 tower (Orione)
The standard price of the rooms in BB accommodation (breakfast, services and taxes included) is the following:
April - October:
Classic: € 190, Superior: € 260, Deluxe: € 300, Tower: € 460
Classic: € 240, Superior: € 320, Deluxe: € 380, Tower: € 570
The price of the wedding package (Exclusive use of the villa Villa for 3 days), taxes and services included, is
€ 10,000 from May to September
€ 8,100 in April and October.
Special Price for Children
Children aged 2 and under go free and children from the ages of 3 to 12 can stay in their parent’s room for a supplement of € 60.
Yes, small well behaved pets.
Every evening (except Tuesday), at 8.30 pm, the family cook proposes a fixed menu, based on selected dishes of the traditional Umbrian cuisine. Guests must reserve Dinner by 10.30 am on the day in order to enable the chef to obtain fresh ingredients.
- Home-made ravioli pasta stuffed with ricotta cheese and spinach with cherry tomato sauce
- Home-made strangozzi pasta with Norcia black truffles
- Risotto with Cascia saffron and courgette flowers
- Roast pork with prunes and red chicory
- Veal bites with Cannara onion cream and mixed vegetables au-gratin
- Lamb stew with Norcia black truffles
- Chocolate mousse with whipped cream and fresh strawberries
- Pannacotta with sour cherry sauce
Restaurant Menu Price
Fixed price of € 50 per person, not including drinks.
Wedding banquet price
From € 130 to € 160 each, depending on the menu chosen and the eventual use of the outdoor canopies.
Services included for your wedding
- Round tables laid with delicate cotton tablecloths, china plates, Alpaca cutlery and glassware.
- Decorated chairs
- Elegant and professional waiter service (4 hours)
- Wedding menu including an aperitif, starter, first course, main course, dessert, wedding cake and beverages (wines, mineral water, coffee, liqueurs & spirts)
- Menu printing
- Printed placecards
Things to see and do near the location
Excursions based on naturalistic, historic-cultural, eno-gastronomic and artistic handcraft itineraries. Earth-water–air sports activities (walking, horse trekking, rafting, hang-gliding). Cookery school.
Places to See Near the Location
No more than an hour away, you will find:
The historical centres of medieval towns like Perugia (60’), Assisi (50’), Spello (40’), Montefalco (20’), Bevagna (30’), Norcia (30’) and Narni (40’) with their evocative churches, monuments, mansions, alleys and squares. The spectacular “Marmore waterfall”, the highest of Europe (40’).
Distance From the City Centre
Villa Milani is about 2 km from the city centre of Spoleto.
Please fill in the following form making sure that all your details are correct; you will receive an answer directly from Villa Milani in the shortest time possible. Writing a detailed message will ensure a better quality reply from the staff of your dream venue.