A wedding in a restaurant is a great idea if you want the focus to be on the food, so if your main reason for coming to Italy is the wonderful food, then this could be the option for you.
A restaurant wedding is great for those who want to enjoy a formal or informal sit-down meal with family and friends, perhaps followed by entertainment, but who don't want to have to stress out over the details. The tables and chairs will already be there, as will much of the decor. You also don't need to worry about finding catering, organising a bar service or ordering wine as the restaurant will do this for you.
Depending on how much of the space within the restaurant you take up, a restaurant wedding could also be a way of saving money in comparison to a hotel wedding.
The food is bound to be excellent, and as for the entertainment, the only limitation is that you will have to clear it with the restaurant owner first. Unless you want particularly loud or heavy music however, it is likely to be fairly easy.
Advantages of a restaurant wedding include...
- Excellent food and wine. This is what they do for a living, after all!
- Less stressful. Many of the details are already in place, leaving you with more time to enjoy yourself.
- Less costly than many other wedding types, depending on how much restaurant space you take up, whether or not the owner can put you in a private room and keep the main activity running, what day of the week you want to celebrate (Saturday is the most expensive) etc.
A restaurant wedding might not be for you if...
- You want unusual entertainment. It's difficult to find a restaurant with the space to accommodate a Capoeira performance, for example!
- You want absolute privacy. Unless your party fills the restaurant or they have a private space for you, the restaurant is likely to want to serve other customers as well. This depends on the establishment however, and some restaurateurs are more than willing to rent out the entire space.
- You have your heart set on a cake from a specific bakery. If the restaurant has a pastry chef, the owner might be reluctant to let you bring one in from an external supplier.
We have a wonderful selection of restaurants to choose from, for your wedding, for your anniversary dinner or even just for an evening meal if you are here on holiday, all in some of the most beautiful locations in Italy - take your pick!
If you aren't sure about what kind of location you want for your wedding, take a look at our other wedding types or at our advice on location choice.