Food and wine
If you are getting married in Italy, it is likely that one of your reasons for choosing this beautiful country is the exceptional quality and variety of the food and wine. Italy has a strong eno-gastronomic culture, and many social events revolve around food and drink - all of which is invariably of excellent quality.
From famous dishes such as pizza, pasta and tiramisu, to wedding favourites like confetti (Jordan almonds) and wanda (wedding pastries), through to dishes little known outside of Italy such as pastiera napoletana (Italian Easter cake) and Sicilian arancini (fried stuffed rice balls), browse this section to find out more about Italian food and for ideas for your wedding breakfast.
Also in this section you can read about various Italian wines, be they reds like Chianti, Nero D’Avola and Valpollicella, whites like Falanghina, Soave and Gavi or even sparkling varieties like Prosecco, Pignoletto or Asti. There are delicious varieties of each, some well known overseas, others not, so if you are a fan of wine or just want to find out more, this section is for you.
- Tasting Italy: How To Make Original Pesto Sauce Recipe
- Tasting Italy: original recipe Venetian recipe of peas and bacon risotto
- The secret of the yellow side: original Limoncello Recipe from Amalfi
- Tasting Italy: Original recipe of Pasta with Eggplants (Pasta Norma Style)
- Best Italian Recipe: Tonnarelli Cacio e Pepe